Communiqué Incentives Inc. (“Communiqué”) is committed to the proper management of personal information of our clients, employees, all visitors to our websites, or anyone we share our blog, tweets, e-blasts and all other electronic communications with. We have adopted, as part of the Personal Information and Protection and Electronic Documents Act (“PIPEDA”), the following privacy standards.
Definition of Personal Information
Personal information means any information that can be used to identify you as an individual. Personal information includes:
- Your email address (business or personal)
- Information about your employment
- Information you share with us through your resume
In most situations, personal information does not include other information that will appear on a business card or that is available in public records.
All our employees are responsible for ensuring that privacy of personal information is protected as required by this policy and by PIPEDA. The President is responsible for ensuring that the Company adapts its practices to adhere to PIPEDA.
This policy applies to the Board of Directors, all employees, and any service provider who as part of their service agreement requires access to personal information.
We follow the ten privacy principles required by PIPEDA. These Privacy Principles may be modified from time to time.
1. Accountability: We are responsible for personal information under our control and designate an individual or individuals who are accountable for our Privacy Principles.
2. Identifying Purposes: The purposes for which personal information is collected shall be identified at or before the time the information is collected.
3. Consent and Personal Information: We obtain your consent before collecting, using or disclosing your personal information, except where otherwise permitted by law. You may decline to consent, or revoke your consent to the collection and use of your personal information for the purposes mentioned, but if you do, the related services and benefits may be limited or terminated.
4. Limiting Collection: Our collection of personal information is limited to the purpose identified by us. Information shall be collected by fair and lawful means.
5. Limiting Use, Disclosure and Retention: Personal information shall be used or disclosed only for its original intended purpose. We will retain personal information as long as it is necessary for our purposes. We will only use the personal information for a different purpose, if you provide us with consent to do so.
6. Accuracy: We maintain procedures to help ensure that the information we collect and use is accurate, up-to-date, and as complete as possible. For employee information, we rely on the employee to disclose all changes in their personal circumstances such as marital status, home address, telephone number, next of kin, language proficiency or obtaining a new qualification.
7. Safeguarding Information: Personal information shall be protected by security safeguards appropriate to the sensitivity of the information. We apply appropriate security safeguards to our computer networks and physical files, and restrict access to any personal information.
9. Individual Access: Individuals have the right to review or obtain a copy of their personal information on record by contacting the Company.
10. Challenging Compliance: We will respond to individuals’ complaints and questions relating to privacy. We will investigate and attempt to resolve complaints.
To challenge compliance with this Policy, individuals should forward their concerns in writing to the company’s Privacy Officer. The Privacy Officer will ensure that a complete investigation of all complaints has been undertaken and will report their findings to the individual in most instances within thirty (30) days.